This is the user guide for the Word Checker in iWordGuru (Word Games Word Puzzles Helper). User guides for other word finders and solvers in iWordGuru can be found at https://www.mnemosynch.net/word-games-word-puzzles-helper-user-guide/.
Word Checker operation instructions:
At the Word Checker page, you can type in the word to be checked. Once the number of letters is no less than 2, the grey ‘GET READY’ button will turn into a green ‘CHECK’ button, and you can tap the green ‘CHECK’ button to check if the word entered is in the selected dictionary. The default dictionary is the 2022 Scrabble US dictionary. You may change it to Scrabble UK or ENABLE (the dictionary for WWF) by tapping the dictionary dropdown button.
The following are the special keys on the keyboard:
- ‘CLEAR’: removes all letters entered.
- ‘HELP’: launches the browser to show this Word Checker user guide.
- ‘GET READY’: The grey ‘GET READY’ key is informational and has no effects. After 2 letters are entered, this key will turn into a green ‘CHECK’ key.
- ‘CHECK’: The green ‘CHECK’ key appears after no less than 2 letters are entered. When the key appears, you can tap it to check if the word entered is in the dictionary.
From the Word Checker page, you can tap the arrow at the left of the App Bar on the top of the page to return to the main menu.
Following actions can be performed in the word checker page.
- Tap keys in the keyboard to enter the word to be checked.
- Tap the dictionary button and select a dictionary.
- Tap the information button to the right of input box to google the meaning of the word entered in the input box.
- Tap the ‘CHECK’ key (when it appears) to check if the word entered is in the selected dictionary.
- Tap the arrow at the App Bar (upper left of the screen) to go back to the main menu.