This is the user guide for the Spelling Bee Solver in iWordGuru (Word Games Word Puzzles Helper). User guides for other word finders and solvers in iWordGuru can be found at https://www.mnemosynch.net/word-games-word-puzzles-helper-user-guide/.
iWordGuru Spelling Bee Solver allows a user to input a Spelling Bee puzzle (a center letter plus 6 surrounding letters) and finds all solutions to the puzzle. The solver can help in NYT Spelling Bee puzzles and variations.
Spelling Bee Solver operation instructions:
At the Spelling Bee Solver page, follow the procedure below to enter a spelling bee puzzle and solve the puzzle:
- (optional) Select the dictionary. The default dictionary is the 2022 Scrabble US dictionary. You may change it to Scrabble UK or ENABLE (the dictionary for WWF) by tapping the dictionary dropdown button. Note: The NYT Spelling Bee puzzle does not have a standard dictionary. As such, some words found in this solver (based on a particular dictionary) may not be accepted by the NYT Spelling Bee.
- Enter the puzzle using the keyboard: always type in the center letter first and then the 6 surrounding letters. The 6 surrounding letters can be entered in any order. Since in a Spelling Bee puzzle, the 7 letters are all different, if the same letter is tapped more than once, the second and later taps will be ignored and have no effects.
- After the 7th letter is entered the puzzle is completed, the grey ‘GET READY’ key will turn into a green ‘SOLVE’ key. You can tap the green ‘SOLVE’ key to solve the puzzle. This will lead to the spelling bee solution page.
The following are the special keys on the keyboard:
- ‘CLEAR’: removes all letters on the board.
- ‘HELP’: launches the browser to show this Spelling Bee Solver user guide.
- ‘GET READY’: The grey ‘GET READY’ key is informational and has no effects. After the 7th letter is entered, this key will turn into a green ‘SOLVE’ key.
- ‘SOLVE’: The green ‘SOLVE’ key appears after the 7th letter is entered (and thus, the puzzle is completed). When the ‘SOLVE’ key appears, you can tap it to solve the puzzle and see the solutions in the solution page.
From the Spelling Bee Solver page, you can tap the arrow at the left of the App Bar on the top of the page to return to the main menu.
The solution page appears after you tap the green ‘SOLVE’ key. The page shows all solution words found. The words are grouped by their sizes. For each size, the words are sorted by default based on usage (commonly used words appears earlier). Following actions can be performed in this solution page.
- Tap a solution word to highlight the word.
- Tap the sort option button (‘Usage’, ‘A to Z’, or Scrabble score) to change how the words of the same size are sorted, by usage, alphabetical order, or Scrabble score.
- Tap the information button to the right of each word to google the meaning of the word.
- Tap the ‘Get the next 20 words’ or ‘Get the rest ?? words’ button at the end of the displayed words for each size (this button will be there when there are more solution words of the size than those displayed) in the solution list to add more solution words on display.
- Tap the arrow at the App Bar (upper left of the screen) to go back to the previous page where a new Spelling Bee puzzle can be entered and solved.