This is the user guide for the Multiword Unscrambler in iWordGuru (Word Games Word Puzzles Helper). User guides for other word finders and solvers in iWordGuru can be found at https://www.mnemosynch.net/word-games-word-puzzles-helper-user-guide/.
With iWordGuru Multiword Unscrambler, a user enters a set of letters and the unscrambler finds all 1, 2, and 3 words that use all of the letters. For this unscrambler, each word has at least 2 letters.
Multiword Unscrambler operation instructions:
At the Multiword Unscrambler page, follow the procedure below to enter letters and unscramble letters.
- (optional) Select the dictionary. The default dictionary is the 2022 Scrabble US dictionary. You may change it to Scrabble UK or ENABLE (the dictionary for WWF) by tapping the dictionary dropdown button.
- If the input box (the box right below the dictionary dropdown button with hint: ‘<Enter 2 to 18 letters>’) is deactivated (the border of the box is grey), then tap the box to activate it (the border should be blue when activated).
- Tap letters in the keyboard to enter them to be unscrambled. The letters can be entered in any order.
- After 2 letters are entered, the grey ‘GET READY’ key will turn into a green ‘UNSCRAMBLE’ key. You may continue to enter more letters or tap the green ‘UNSCRAMBLE’ key to unscramble letters in the input box. This will lead to the multiword unscramble results page that contains all the multiwords found.
The following are the special keys on the keyboard:
- ‘CLEAR’: removes all letters in the active field (input box or an optional filter input field)
- ‘HELP’: launches the browser to show this Multiword Unscrambler user guide.
- ‘GET READY’: The grey ‘GET READY’ key is informational and has no effects. After 2 letters are entered, this key will turn into a green ‘UNSCRAMBLE’ key.
- ‘UNSCRAMBLE’: The green ‘UNSCRAMBLE’ key appears after the second letter is entered (the unscrambler is ready to unscramble the letters in the input box). When the green ‘UNSCRMBLE’ key appears, you can either continue to enter more letters or tap the green ‘UNSCRMBLE’ key to unscramble letters in the input box and see all words found in the multiword unscramble results page.
From the Multiword Unscrambler page, you can tap the arrow at the left of the App Bar on the top of the page to return to the main menu.
Unscramble letters ‘LETITBE’, the Unscrambler will find one 1-word result: ‘BETITLE’; 2-word results: ‘TITLE BE’, ‘BELT TIE’, ‘BITE LET’, and so on; and 3-word results: ‘LET BE IT’, ‘LIT BE ET’, and so on.
Filters: Filters are optional, they are used to narrow down the number of solutions. The Multiword Unscrambler supports word size filters, and ‘Includes words’ and ‘Excludes words’ filters.
To enter filters, tap the filter input field to activate it and then tap the keys in the keyboard to enter them. The keyboard adapts based on the field selected. For word size filters, the keyboard is a numerical keyboard. For ‘Includes words’ and ‘Excludes words’ filters, the keyboard is a letter keyboard with a whitespace key (to separate words).
Word size filters:
- The word size filters specify the sizes for up to 2 words. If the sizes of 2 words are specified, the size of the third word is implied since the total number of letters entered is fixed. In the above unscramble letters ‘LETITBE’ example, if ‘Word size 1’ is 5, the unscrambler will only produce 2-word solutions with one 5-letter word and a 2-letter word.
‘Includes words’ and ‘Excludes words’ filters
- The ‘Includes Words’ filter indicates that the solution must include the words in the field. Use white space to separate words. The order of the words does not matter. Consider the above example of unscrambling letters ‘LETITBE’. The ‘Includes Words’ filter ‘BE IT’ indicates that the solution must include two words BE and IT. In this case, the Unscrambler will only produce three word results that include BE and IT: ‘BE IT LET’, ‘BE IT ELT’, and ‘BE IT TEL’.
- The ‘Excludes Words’ filter indicates that the solution must exclude the words in the field. Use white space to separate words. The order of the words does not matter. Consider the above example of unscrambling letters ‘LETITBE’. The ‘Excludes Words’ filter ‘BE IT’ indicates that the solution must exclude two words BE and IT. In this case, the Multiword Unscrambler will only produce solutions like ‘BETITLE’, ‘BELT TIE’, and so on. None of the solution will have BE or IT.
The solution page appears after the green ‘UNSCRAMBLE’ key is tapped. The page shows 1-word, 2-word, and 3-word solutions found. The solutions are grouped by the number of words in them. For each group, the solutions are sorted by default based on usage (commonly used words appears earlier). The usage of multiple words is the usage of the least common word. Following actions can be performed in this solution page.
- Tap a solution to highlight the solution.
- Tap the sort option button (‘Usage’, and ‘A to Z’) to change how the solutions are sorted in each group, by usage or by alphabetical order.
- Tap the information button to the right of each solution to google the meaning of the words in the solution.
- Tap the ‘Get the next 20 words’ or ‘Get the rest ?? words’ button at the end of the displayed solutions for each group (this button will be there when there are more solutions of the group than those displayed) in the solution list to add more solutions on display.
- Tap the arrow at the App Bar (upper left of the screen) to go back to the previous page where a new set of letters can be entered to be unscrambled.