This is the user guide for the Boggle Solver in iWordGuru (Word Games Word Puzzles Helper). User guides for other word finders and solvers in iWordGuru can be found at https://www.mnemosynch.net/word-games-word-puzzles-helper-user-guide/.
iWordGuru Boggle Solver finds the solutions for Boggle and Ruzzle games and their variations. The following is a partial list of mobile games that this solver can help: Boggle, Boggle with Friends, Ruzzle, Word Blitz, Word Shaker, Word Crack Mix 2, Word Seek, Wordly, and Word Scramble.
Boggle Solver operation instructions:
At the Boggle Solver page, follow the procedure below to create a Boggle puzzle and solve it:
- (optional) If your game board is not 4 x 4 (the default), tap the ‘4 x 4’ dropdown button and select the size that matches your game board.
- (optional) The default dictionary is the 2022 Scrabble US dictionary. You may change it to Scrabble UK or ENABLE (the dictionary for WWF) by tapping the dictionary dropdown button.
- Create a puzzle by filling the board in one of two ways:
- Tap the ‘FILL’ key. This will generate a random Boggle puzzle and fill the entire board using the built-in Boggle puzzle generator.
- Manually enter the letter for each tile by tapping the keys in the keyboard. The default starting tile is the orange tile at the upper-left corner. You can select any tile to enter letter by tapping the tile. As each letter is entered, the orange color (cursor) moves to the next tile. Tapping the backspace key erases the letter before the cursor. Notice the ‘Qu’ key in the last row.
- After all tiles on the board are filled with letters, the grey ‘GET READY’ key will turn into a green ‘SOLVE’ key. You can then tap the green key to solve the board, which leads to the solution page that contains all solution words.
The following are the special keys on the keyboard:
- ‘FILL’: fills the entire board with the built-in Boggle puzzle generator.
- ‘CLEAR’: removes all letters on the board.
- ‘HELP’: launches the browser to show this Boggle Solver user guide.
- ‘GET READY’: The grey ‘GET READY’ key is informational and has no effects. When the board is filled, this key will turn into a green ‘SOLVE’ key.
- ‘SOLVE’: The green ‘SOLVE’ key appears when all tiles are filled with letters. When the key appears, you can tap it to solve the board and see all solution words in the solution page.
From the Boggle Solver page, you can tap the arrow at the left of the App Bar on the top of the page to return to the main menu.
The Solution page appears after you fill the board and tap the green ‘SOLVE’ key. The page shows the board and all words found. The words are grouped by their sizes. For each size, the words are sorted by default based on usage (commonly used words appears earlier). Following actions can be performed in this page.
- Tap a solution word to toggle the word on and off the board.
- Tap the sort option button (‘Usage’ or ‘A to Z’) to change how the words of the same size are sorted, by usage or alphabetically.
- Tap the information button to the right of each solution word to google the meaning of the word.
- Tap the ‘Get the next 20 words’ or ‘Get the rest ?? words’ button at the end of the displayed words for each size (this button is there when there are more solution words of the size than those displayed) in the solution word list to add more solution words on display.
- Tap the arrow at the App Bar (upper left of the screen) to go back to the previous page where a new Boggle board can be entered and solved.